Thursday 12 January 2012

6.4m new variation on the aiport hill

Early start again, so straight to the lake to have a better chance at the first road crossing and avoid the closed parks.

On the route back to cross the road I ended up being blocked lake side so had to sneak through some buildings and out a guarded gate to get back to the hill. I snapped a twig on the way through the gate and the guard didn't seem to be bothered. Out seemed ok, but I doubt in would cut it!

Ages to cross the road. Long airport hill variation and then the twist. I risked the footpath I'd spotted some time ago and Tenke once mentioned and I followed it up into the unknown. It was parallel to the field route so probably roughly the same in distance but the big difference is this path is actually not a trail but made, so it is not muddy. However, it is suddenly very steep and goes higher than the alternate route and comes out at the bistro with the fountain. Great option for a muddy day.

At the American mission a lady going in made me think of mission impossible. Straight blond hair in a ponytail, dark shades on an overcast day and a short mini-skirt on a sub zero morning!

Inside TRP.

Garmin.

No comments: