Wednesday 4 January 2012

8m Mouette and Cologny loop

Tenke bailed out so Aurelien and I were free to dismiss the original route plan as there was no need to try and meet Tenke.

We decided to take the Mouette over to Geneva Plage and run out towards Thonon in France on the far side of the lake making a loop via Cologny and almost Vesenaz. All new for me. The hill was a killer, right off the boat and straight up! 281 feet in mile one and another 111 in mile two, ouch. Plus Aurelien went like a bat out of hell! So I decided to keep up and hold the pace and see what happened.

On the way down we clocked a sub 7 min mile and then we got back to the boat stop after nearly 5 miles and the rest of the route back was laid out before us. Stunning views again today in sun with clear sky. Amazing that all morning it had pelted with rain, very lucky for us. Water fountain was looking very special in the low winter sun.

Somewhere between the boat stop and Les Rades I dropped Aurelien, suddenly he was not there any more. I looked around but could not see him. I went over the second bridge hoping he'd take the short cut over the Mont Blanc to catch me back up but I could not see him. Then as I popped up from the path next to the lake on the Jura side he was waiting for me at the top of the stairs!

Longer than expected and miles faster than I imagined we'd do.

Half a mile down to the boat plus the 7.6m garmin clocked makes it just over 8m.

Garmin

No comments: