Monday 9 January 2012

6m slow and early airport hill

This week will be hard to get out at lunch time so today I became an early morning runner.

There was a sharp frost on the ground and I found out the hard way that the botanic gardens and the bottom field don't open until 9:30am. So I had to cross the busy lake road twice as there is no pavement on the park side of the road. Very annoying and broke up what little rhythm there was. Felt as stiff as a board after the weekend's skiing and was also tired and cold.

Gasping the ice cold air stung the lungs on the way up the airport hill and since I'd missed the bottom field I extended the route along the bottom of the forest and spotted a trail I have not run before. I think it might actually be a short cut, so decided to leave it to another day to try.

Disappointingly fell to 8:08 ave pace, so slower than TRP, but ave moving pace (ie taking out the road crossings) gets me under at 7:56.

Garmin

No comments: